Sunday 22 January 2012

Use It Up Challenge Week 3 Review

Well, the week has been easier than I suspected!  I had forgotten I was away for a couple of days and my daughter took on the reins without any trouble.  :o) 

This week's grocery spend amounted to £10.66 which comprised:
  • milk  £3.81
  • plain flour 69p
  • cereal £2.01
  • cheese £4.15
Over the last three weeks I have spent a total of £32.35 out of what would have been my usual budget of £180 (£60 per week) and I'm pretty pleased with that!  :o) 

Entering the last week of january I'm fairly happy with my challenge antics although I think I could be more inventive and have tried more new recipes and I will endeavour to do more of that this week.  :o)  This morning I made some beautifully smooooooth pumpkin and chestnut soup and there's some pumpkin to spare which I will use this evening with dinner.  I forgot to take pics but I made arrowroot biscuits this week which used up the aging tub of arrowroot skulking in the pantry, unusual texture but great for dunking!  ;o)

This week I dug out my silicone doughnut pan to have a crack at some doughnuts for pudding one evening.  I haven't used it for ages and there was a good degree of rummaging about to find the recipe that came with the pan! 


In terms of the finished articles being doughnut like in appearance it was a bit of a shambles but they tasted good and were marginally healthier than traditional doughnuts, being baked rather than fried.


No comments: