Wednesday 11 January 2012

Use It Up Challenge Week 1 Review

A week and a bit in to my Use It Up Challenge so I thought a mini review was in order. :o)

I have crossed quite a lot of items of my list (see it here) and my fridge is looking a little bare!  :o)  Pantry stocks are decreasing although still plenty to be creative with!  Pleasingly I have really enjoyed getting back to cooking from scratch and all the extra baking has been so very therapeutic.  :o)  As I go along using up my supplies I will have to be more inventive and creative and one issue I already have is that I have very little in the way of meat for main meals.  Now, I eat alot of vegetarian food and could happily forgo meat most of the time buuuuut my husband and daughter like their meatiness much more!  There maybe some compromises ahead!  :oD 


My total spend on grocery shopping for the week was £13.73. This comprised:
milk £4.10

butter £2.73

margarine £1.90

cheese £5

My current weekly budget for groceries id £60 so I have £46.27 to spare this week. :oD I was surprised at the milk consumption, I know my daughter is a big milk drinker and my husband has constant cups of tea and I do use milk in baking and cooking (and I do drink it too) but even so 14 pints seemed somewhat excessive! We have had rice pudding and I've made soup a few times but mostly it's been drunk. Something to look at reducing I think!

No comments: