Thursday 5 January 2012

Back to some foodie blogging!

Yay, here I am reclaiming my foodie blog after a hiatus of some months.  ;o)  No apologies, life just overtook me on this particular front!

A quick romp through my festive cooking adventures to start!  This year I resolutely stuck with my food budget for over the Christmas period. (yeah, I know, I was somewhat smug!  lol)  That meant I did alot more baking than in recent years which can only be good in my eyes!  I didn't buy any mince pies at all although sadly I didn't get around to making my own mincemeat but hey ho.  I spent Christmas Day at my parents so no Christmas lunch cooking for me, booooo!  I did however entertain on Boxing Day and made a big puffy pastried chicken pie followed by Jamie Oliver's artic roll....


I really enjoyed making this, it was aaaaaaaages since I'd made a swiss roll and it was fun rolling it up with raspberry jam, chocolate and vanilla ice creams oozing out!  I dispensed with the crushed Crunchie, of course, but I don't think that detracted from the flavour at all.  :o) 

On New Year's Eve we rolled out the Raclette as is now traditional! 


I must search out some more specific Raclette recipes though.

I have now embarked on my annual New Year activity of using up what I have instead of shopping for more.  :o)  A blog post specifically about this challenge coming up....

It's good to be back!

No comments: