Sunday 15 January 2012

Use It Up Challenge Week 2 Review

That's week 2 of my challenge completed.  :o) 

Total spend on groceries this week was £7.96.  This was comprised of:
  • milk  £3.48
  • cheese  £4.48
This means I've saved £52.04 on my usual weekly budget of £60.  :o)  We got through less milk this week which was good.  :o)  There's even less meat knocking about now though but I'm really keen to try and get to the end of January without buying any!  In this coming week I will need to buy some veg, margarine for baking and, as ever, milk!

Just as a record, and for my own self indulgent amusement, :o) I've started a list of everything I've made from scratch since I started the challenge.  This may not be a complete list given my holey memory but I think it's fairly accurate!  So, here it is:

  • lentil & ham soup
  • bourbon biscuits
  • jammy splodgers
  • malt loaf
  • chocolate biscuits
  • cherry & pistachio biscuits
  • Boston baked beans
  • shepherds pie
  • tuna pasta bake
  • chocolate iced buns
  • pizza
  • vegetable & bean soup
  • cheese & Marmita whirls
  • peanut butter biscuits
  • butterfly cakes
  • mincemeat browns
  • cheese & oat loaf
  • ploughman's loaf
  • wholemeal loaf
  • pea soup
  • cheese scones
Right, game on for week 3... :o)

2 comments:

artmixter said...

You really are into this ...I feel a bit of competitive spirit coming on...

artfulzebra said...

Ooh, ooh, my first ever comment! :o) Thanks, Marion!