Tuesday 18 May 2010

Using it up...


Yes, it's my dinner!  ;o)  I just thought I'd share (although quite who I'm sharing it with I'm sure I don't know!  Just myself I feel!  lol) a picture of my dinner as an excuse to have a ramble about my current mission to use things up and cook more from scratch.  So, my dinner comprises bulghur wheat, butter bean & veg stew, grilled Halloumi, broccoli and a Portobello mushroom.  ;o)  I found the bulghur lurking at the back of a shelf in the pantry so that was whipped out for using up purposes.  The stew I found, unlabelled, at the back of the freezer and hoiked it out in the hope it was savoury!  ;oD  I'm so bad at chucking stuff in the freezer and thinking to myself that I'll remember what it is but, of course, I never do!  I just put it down to my taste for living an adventurous life!  lol  The broccoli and mushroom didn't come under the using up banner as they arrived in my organic veg box this morning.  The Halloumi, well, I just adore it and never need an excuse to break it out of the fridge!  ;o)  I have a goodly heap of leftover bulghur which I plan to use for lunch tomorrow, I'm selling my work at Mildenhall air base for the rest of this week and all the food places there (Burger King, a pizza place, Taco Bell, Baskin Robbins and Cinnabon) aren't very compatible with my healthy eating campaign!  If I don't take lunch and snacks I can wander off the path of healthy eating with alarming ease!  Tomorrow I will be packing some carrot soup (made for lunch today and using up some sad, floppy carrots from the bottom of the fridge!), some bulghur with veg and possibly some beans thrown in, Marmite rice cakes and some fruit.  That lot should see me through til 6pm.  ;o)

No comments: