Thursday 4 March 2010

Butterscotch Pie

A while ago I came across an old American cookery book in a charity shop and just had to liberate it!  ;o)  It's quite a slim volume called Anyone can Bake, published in 1929, it's a Royal Baking Powder book and is full of cool recipes.  The illustrations are really cute and it has some pages of photographic "how to" series. 


This evening I decided to make Butterscotch Pie for dessert after dinner.


I realised after I'd started that I didn't have any cornflour so used plain flour instead.  It was taking an age using the double boiler method so my Arian impatience gene kicked in and I bunged it in a saucepan and did it that way, much speedier!  I wasn't sure how much to beat the egg whites so went for the meringue on top option instead.  I have to say it was really yummy although pretty sweet!  My husband, who is a real pudding fan, had two slices, nothing is too sickly for him!

No comments: