Friday 18 September 2009

Squash Soup


For lunch today I had some of the aforementioned squash soup along with tomato and cheese flatbread.  The soup is super (ha ha!) easy to make, I just fried an onion in a little oil until softened and then added the chopped squash and some cumin and enough stock to just cover.  Cooked it until it was soft and then added some milk and whizzed it to the sexy smoothiness you see here.  ;o)  I'd like to say the flatbread was home made too but alas, it isn't!  I like to have a variety of bakery stuff in the freezer and would like to have more home made than shop bought so need to work on that one.  I have a breadmaker and make 90% of the bread we eat and even though I always mean to make and freeze loaves, rolls etc it rarely happens!
As an aside, I love these soup dishes with plates.  ;o)  They were a present from a lovely aunt of mine and with my soup obsession (Oh, didn't you know?  It will become evident as I continue to blog!   LOL) they get alot of use.  ;o)   

No comments: